crocordile 7:Do you have any OCs?
I wasn’t sure if you wanted to see a picture of them or more information? So I Guess I’ll do both?
So yeah! MY OCs’ from Groaning Cake!
Obsidian Royal Family
King Ramiel (he goes by his middle name Merriweather/Merry), Queen Guinivere (Gwen), and their sons.
There are four kingdoms ruled by the High King. Merry is the king of the Obsidian tribe the smallest and most humble of the kingdoms and is looked down upon by the High King and Lapis King. His older brother was killed by a mermaid when he was still a child and grew up despising them. Unknown to him the girl he grew up with and married is a mermaid in the body of the Lapis king’s sister Guinivere who actually died in an accident. The mermaid takes on the alias The Blue Rider, a spirit of vengeance the Obsidian people see as their protector. When Obsidian is demanded to give up their lands tension increases between the Obsidian tribe and the more powerful kingdoms. When The Blue Rider is no where to be found the opposing kingdoms take advantage of this to attack. Merry and his people who are not killed are banished to an abandoned port in the ocean where the surrounding water is polluted and practically lifeless except for the man-eating mermaids. They’re either to die from starvation or be eaten by the mermaids. Merry takes it upon himself to kill the mermaids for both food and protection.
Out of all the craziness the story is about the trials in Merry and Gwen’s relationship. Merry really loves his family and his people and is trying to do what he thinks is best for them by whatever means. Gwen fears for her family friend’s lives because of the mermaids but is revolted by the idea of eating her own kind and also afraid for her life and her children’s as she see’s her husband sinking into madness and fears what he’ll do if he discovers her true nature.
Oh my God I did some stuff of my original characters you guysss
Groaning Cake stuff:
- Gwen the mermaid and the Obsidian Queen
- Gwen’s husband, Merry the Obsidian King holding their son Baraq (his face made me laugh so hard I didn’t want to change it)
- Belladonna and Adonis from The Language of Flowers
LotR/Hobbit sketches from today’s stream
-Thranduil and Legolas
- Boromir, Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli
- Gimli and Legolas (Gigolas huhuhu UuU)
- Frodo, Pippin, and Merry (I started drawing Sam but I wasn’t satisfied with it so i left it out :’c )
from last night/this early morning’s stream!
my original characters from Groaning Cake UuU
feels good to draw original stuff after so long *3*
- Merry the Obsidian King hunting a mermaid
- Mermaids tempting Gwen, Merry’s wife who unknown to him is actually a mermaid.
Nov-Dec sketchbook Update continued
- Merry the Obsidian King and his son Baraq from Groaning Cake
- The Prince of Flowers (early designs in the linked post)
- The royal guards of the Prince of Flowers
- Some bird warriors inspired by Japanese Tengu and referenced after Peregrin Falcons. I had more sketches but I can’t find them right now :’[
sketchbook update continued
Groaning Cake sketches
- Gwen saving an unconscious Merry from her mermaid sisters
sketchbook update continued
Merriweather/The Obsidian King from Groaning Cake
Here’s a bunch of Groaning Cake sketches I did from either last month or earlier in the year.
- Gwen and another mermaid. Also Gwen dipping her second son into the ocean to “cleanse” him so that he will possess mermaids abilities (after becoming more worried of her husband’s strange behavior) but regrets not doing the same to her first born.
- Profiles of the four kings (I didn’t really know how I wanted the Lapis King to look yet so his is pretty sloppy)
- More sketches of the kings that were suppose to be in their war attire with their familiars.
- Sketches of the Lapis and Axinite King when they were teenagers. They have been best friends since they were little which is why their kingdoms are in great relations.
- Merry holding his devil Thunder (basically what we call Tasmanian devils) which is the sacred animal for his tribe and serves as his familiar. When in battle it turns into a beast with a very long eel-like body with seven heads and many pairs of legs that can fly for periods of time.
Also a sketch of Merry’s mother when she was young and was the current Obsidian King.
- Merry talking with the Eudialyte King. On the right is a sketch of Gwen in royal Lapis attire when she visits the Lapis King. Everyone (and even the Lapis King himself) believe her to be his younger sister when in fact his real sister died in an accident with their father long ago and Gwen took her identity.
- Sketch of a very late scene from the story of Gwen and her horse
- First sketches I’ve done for a basic idea of how I want the four kingdoms to look like.
Obsidian tribe live in by the cliff sides by the volcano and ocean (I’m thinking of landscapes like Iceland). With homes that look like Viking longhouses.
Axinite Kingdom resides between a large mountain and a plain with huge stone buildings and a palace that has large columns and statues.
Lapis Kingdom has its entrance below a cliff which leads to the under water kingdom that stretches into a cave.
I didn’t get to draw the Eudialyte kingdom but it looks a lot more like the typical/ideal castle and resides in a plateau environment with lots of canyons.
That’s about it for now TuT
Commissions are still OPEN! Prices have been cut down since I originally made them available.
sketchbook update continued
more Groaning Cake art
- Merry and Gwen waking/getting dressed the morning after their honeymoon
- (top left) merry and gwen, (bottom left) Merry’s first son Baraq and the Eudialyte King's daughter who are engaged, and a merry when he was little with his older brother Baraq.
-Gwen in her natural form. Here she’s with her mystical horse who she takes to battle with. Gwen aids Merry in his battles under the alias of the Blue Rider during desperate times. He is unaware that the spirit who aids his army is actually his wife for she appears as nothing but blur when she engages in battle and quickly disappears.
SKETCHBOOK UPDATE Y’ALL!
Starting it off with some Groaning Cake art!
FINALLY I have glimpse of the four kings for you guys
Those who have been following recognize Merry who is the Obsidian King (being that he’s one of the main characters.)
Merry is on bad terms with all the kings except for the Eudialyte King only because of the engagement between his first born son and Eudialyte King’s first born daughter. On the other hand the Lapis King and High King are tight allies who hate Merry, but care nothing really for the Eudialyte King despite he himself having a wealthy kingdom.
In the High King’s sketch behind him is his familiar which is a giant sphynx cat. Merry’s familiar is a creature called a skydevil, Eudialyte’s is a behemoth, and Lapis’s is a sea serpent/leviathan.
Last picture is a sketch of Merry’s battle with the High King (w/ early design of his cat) before his banishment, and another sketch of the Lapis King.