Here’s a bunch of Groaning Cake sketches I did from either last month or earlier in the year.
- Gwen and another mermaid. Also Gwen dipping her second son into the ocean to “cleanse” him so that he will possess mermaids abilities (after becoming more worried of her husband’s strange behavior) but regrets not doing the same to her first born.
- Merry and early designs for the Lapis and Axinite King (who use to be the Jade King). Also a sketch of the Eudialyte King and another of him attempting sexually harass Merry.
- Profiles of the four kings (I didn’t really know how I wanted the Lapis King to look yet so his is pretty sloppy)
- More sketches of the kings that were suppose to be in their war attire with their familiars.
- Sketches of the Lapis and Axinite King when they were teenagers. They have been best friends since they were little which is why their kingdoms are in great relations.
- Merry holding his devil Thunder (basically what we call Tasmanian devils) which is the sacred animal for his tribe and serves as his familiar. When in battle it turns into a beast with a very long eel-like body with seven heads and many pairs of legs that can fly for periods of time.
Also a sketch of Merry’s mother when she was young and was the current Obsidian King.
- Merry talking with the Eudialyte King. On the right is a sketch of Gwen in royal Lapis attire when she visits the Lapis King. Everyone (and even the Lapis King himself) believe her to be his younger sister when in fact his real sister died in an accident with their father long ago and Gwen took her identity.
- Sketch of a very late scene from the story of Gwen and her horse
- First sketches I’ve done for a basic idea of how I want the four kingdoms to look like.
Obsidian tribe live in by the cliff sides by the volcano and ocean (I’m thinking of landscapes like Iceland). With homes that look like Viking longhouses.
Axinite Kingdom resides between a large mountain and a plain with huge stone buildings and a palace that has large columns and statues.
Lapis Kingdom has its entrance below a cliff which leads to the under water kingdom that stretches into a cave.
I didn’t get to draw the Eudialyte kingdom but it looks a lot more like the typical/ideal castle and resides in a plateau environment with lots of canyons.
That’s about it for now TuT
Commissions are still OPEN! Prices have been cut down since I originally made them available.