ok starting this new sketchbook update with the last sketches of my september sketchbook with Groaning Cake sketches
(sorry for the shitty scan and editing quality
idk if it’s my computer or my scanner but the scans aren’t coming out right and everything look gross when I edit it :’/)
- another sketch of the Boanerges/Obsidian Royal Family portrait to add to my endless pile.
*Next two pictures are the Royal heirs when they were teenagers/children.*
- the oldest heirs starting with Baraq (Merry’s older brother) the first in line to be the next Obsidian King though it is later passed on to Merry after he’s killed. Then the Lapis King (Gwen’s older brother) and the Axinite King (Gwen’s original fiance) when they were younger. They are around the ages 15-17 here.
- the youngest heirs (these two appear way later than the time the Eldest heirs are teens in the previous picture because the eldest are in their early-mid 20’s when these two are children) : In this sketch shows the original Guinivere and the fake Guinivere. The real Gwen is the Lapis King’s younger sister who died in an accident with their father. The fake Gwen is the Gwen that Merry grows up with and later marries. Everyone believes that the Lapis Princess was the only survivor of the accident when in reality she died long ago and the mermaid “Gwen” (though not her real name) took her identity. People see her as the Lapis Princess but in her reflections her true face is revealed. Then there is little Merry. Lapis Princess is about 13 here and Merry is 9.
- More comparisons of Lapis Princess, Gwen, and Merry.
sketchbook update continued
Groaning Cake sketches
- Gwen saving an unconscious Merry from her mermaid sisters
sketchbook update continued
Merriweather/The Obsidian King from Groaning Cake
some sketches I’ve recently done
- started out as a random drawing of a woman in a swan outfit and thought I’d maybe make my own designs for swan lake, but then I decided to make the woman Nycteris from The Day Boy and the Night Girl. I thought maybe it could be her wedding dress since for my designs for her and Photogen I based them off birds. So I drew her as a white swan and Photogen as a black swan with make up to match a swan’s face for their wedding (and I thought I’d make them where opposite colors of their nature).
- a minotaur I drew while watching Hemlock Grove. I’ve really wanted to do some minotaur drawings so hopefully i can develop some soon.
- leftside is my character the changling named Kitchen (seen at the bottom of this post) and his brother Knife and one of Kitchen’s 3 cats Kitsch. Kitchen is suppose to have a hair of cats but I was too lazy to draw them on haha. Middle is some random chicks I drew while watching Hemlock grove. The bottom girl is based off Shelley Godfrey from the show. Rightside is doodle of Merry from Groaning Cake.
New sketchbook update starting with this posts!
This posts is recent sketches I’ve done for my original stories and adaptions.
- Unnamed character for a short story about a tiny ocean man who takes care of sea creatures and likes to ride sea slugs for transportation especially Nudibranchs! Not sure what the story is yet though initially it was that he helps a man retrieve an engagement ring he accidentally loses while on a boat when he was planning to propose.
- Gwen, her son, and her “brother” the Lapis King from Groaning Cake. Lapis King tries to convince his sister to leave her new family and return to her people. He leaves more bitter then before.
I messed up in the second sketch, i forgot her hair isn’t blue when she’s human lol.
- Prince Ivan and Yelena from my adaption of Prince Ivan (the firebird) and the Grey Wolf. I started wondering again if I should make Ivan younger or not.
- Fawn and Todd Loki from Fox in the Snow. Revenge is a dirty matter!
Here’s a bunch of Groaning Cake sketches I did from either last month or earlier in the year.
- Gwen and another mermaid. Also Gwen dipping her second son into the ocean to “cleanse” him so that he will possess mermaids abilities (after becoming more worried of her husband’s strange behavior) but regrets not doing the same to her first born.
- Profiles of the four kings (I didn’t really know how I wanted the Lapis King to look yet so his is pretty sloppy)
- More sketches of the kings that were suppose to be in their war attire with their familiars.
- Sketches of the Lapis and Axinite King when they were teenagers. They have been best friends since they were little which is why their kingdoms are in great relations.
- Merry holding his devil Thunder (basically what we call Tasmanian devils) which is the sacred animal for his tribe and serves as his familiar. When in battle it turns into a beast with a very long eel-like body with seven heads and many pairs of legs that can fly for periods of time.
Also a sketch of Merry’s mother when she was young and was the current Obsidian King.
- Merry talking with the Eudialyte King. On the right is a sketch of Gwen in royal Lapis attire when she visits the Lapis King. Everyone (and even the Lapis King himself) believe her to be his younger sister when in fact his real sister died in an accident with their father long ago and Gwen took her identity.
- Sketch of a very late scene from the story of Gwen and her horse
- First sketches I’ve done for a basic idea of how I want the four kingdoms to look like.
Obsidian tribe live in by the cliff sides by the volcano and ocean (I’m thinking of landscapes like Iceland). With homes that look like Viking longhouses.
Axinite Kingdom resides between a large mountain and a plain with huge stone buildings and a palace that has large columns and statues.
Lapis Kingdom has its entrance below a cliff which leads to the under water kingdom that stretches into a cave.
I didn’t get to draw the Eudialyte kingdom but it looks a lot more like the typical/ideal castle and resides in a plateau environment with lots of canyons.
That’s about it for now TuT
Commissions are still OPEN! Prices have been cut down since I originally made them available.
sketchbook update continued
more Groaning Cake art
- Merry and Gwen waking/getting dressed the morning after their honeymoon
- (top left) merry and gwen, (bottom left) Merry’s first son Baraq and the Eudialyte King's daughter who are engaged, and a merry when he was little with his older brother Baraq.
-Gwen in her natural form. Here she’s with her mystical horse who she takes to battle with. Gwen aids Merry in his battles under the alias of the Blue Rider during desperate times. He is unaware that the spirit who aids his army is actually his wife for she appears as nothing but blur when she engages in battle and quickly disappears.
SKETCHBOOK UPDATE Y’ALL!
Starting it off with some Groaning Cake art!
FINALLY I have glimpse of the four kings for you guys
Those who have been following recognize Merry who is the Obsidian King (being that he’s one of the main characters.)
Merry is on bad terms with all the kings except for the Eudialyte King only because of the engagement between his first born son and Eudialyte King’s first born daughter. On the other hand the Lapis King and High King are tight allies who hate Merry, but care nothing really for the Eudialyte King despite he himself having a wealthy kingdom.
In the High King’s sketch behind him is his familiar which is a giant sphynx cat. Merry’s familiar is a creature called a skydevil, Eudialyte’s is a behemoth, and Lapis’s is a sea serpent/leviathan.
Last picture is a sketch of Merry’s battle with the High King (w/ early design of his cat) before his banishment, and another sketch of the Lapis King.
sketchbook update continued
- Todd Loki and Fawn from my story Fox in the Snow. I’m not really sure why Todd looks the way he does here.
- Merry Boanerges from my story Groaning Cake. I’ve been wanting to do a bunch of royal portraits for the four kings in the region of the world the story takes place. Merry is the Obsidian King, then there’s the Eudialyte King, Lapis King, and the Axinite KIng who is also the High King of all the four. It’s the Axinite King who banishes Merry and his people after Merry loses in their duel to settle the war.
this post contains an ending spoiler for my story so yeah just don’t look at last sketch in the first picture or the last picture if you don’t want to be spoiled (but what the heck who knows when I’ll ever get around to creating pages for this damn comic ha)
I was taking a break from homework and serious art to sketch these
Last year I doodle this time line of Merry and Gwen’s relationship from my story Groaning Cake. I found it recently so I wanted to a sketch it out nicely since the origin is on like scrap paper and really small.
- Meeting (Childhood)
Merry meets Gwen for the first time shortly after his brother’s funeral. Not to long ago I posted some sketched out pages of when Gwen first sees Merry.
- Courting (Adolescence)
- Marriage (Adulthood)
- Trials (Middle Life) <- When the story actually takes place
- Reconciliation (Old Age)