Final renders for two of my projects in my 3D modeling class
- First one was the mask project and this is based off I think a Mayan mask that was being auctioned online (I wish I could find the link).
- Second one my Professor gave us a drawing template for whale eagle bowl (I think it’s Inuit). We didn’t have to make it exactly like the template so the heads are pretty much like the template but the design on the bowl itself is mine (-side glance- yeah i was thinking of Sauron if you were suspecting that pffhaha )
- Last one is my final project so far! We have to make a model of a munny doll in maya and then afterwards I have to export it in Mudbox so I can sculpt it more and then paint it. I did some sketches for a Kappa design from Japanese Folklore but i don’t know if I’ll have time to do something that detailed :’< I’ll post the sketches sometime this weekend maybe.
some of my 3d modeling work for school UwU
since i’m kind of schedule with my schoolwork i decided to take the night off to upload some Silmarillion sketches! Most of them are of the House of Finwë.
- Manwë and his eagles ( really want them to be blue like his clothing). The Valar and Eru Ilúvatar (I included Melkor because of reasons). I wanted to draw a rough sketch of all of them together for height differences.
From Left to Right:
Oromë, Vána, Yavanna, Aulë, Ulmo, Varda, Manwë, Melkor, Tulkas, Nessa, Nienna, Lórien, Estë, Mandos, and Vairë
- Curufinwë/ Fëanor
- Fëanor, Fingolfin, and Finarfin
- Family tree of Finwë’s house (FYI: not complete. Rough sketch of most of the children and most of the hair colors are wrong but these were the first sketches I drew of Finwë’s grandchildren)
- Fëanor’s sons (and Fingolfin’s daughter Aredhel who liked to spend time with them).
- Fëanor sketches… Lord I think I made him to pose too fabulous here TuT
- Top Left to Right: Fëanor, Fëanor’s wife Nerdanel, Finwë
Bottom Left to Right: Fingolfin, Finarfin, Míriel (Finwë’s first wife), and Indis (Finwë’s second wife).
- Lúthien and her mother Melian
I know not everyone’s hair colors are how they should be since most of them are head canons from when I first imagined them when I read about them in the book. So yeah I am aware for those who are just super gung-ho about characters having the exact hair/eye colors as they’re written.
My Silmarillion art tag for more
WIP of a portrait of Fëanor
Also a peak at one of my Silmarillion sketches. This one is for Finwë’s house. I got a lot of the hair colors are wrong because these are the sketches I drew when I first read about each character in the book and imagined them and before I read more about their descriptions.
rebloggin from my main blog
some updates on this painting
it’s been about 2 weeks since I’ve really worked on because of other classes and last weekend I was out of town for my 21st birthday so i have a lot to make up on this painting and I need come up with another painting before school ends in three weeks…
here’s an update on that painting i’ve been working on
sorry i haven’t had time to really work on some art and update this blog besides schoolwork :’<
render test for what I have so far for my final project for 2D animation called Rusalka
It’s based off the Russian spirit called rusalka and the song used is called Song of the Moon sung by Milada Šubrtová and is from the Czech opera Rusalka by Antonín Dvořák.
reblogging from my main blog
I’ll try and post the storyboards sometime and any other updates UwU
ok i totally thought I posted these last week but I guess not!
this sketchbook update is still going on i guess x’D
part of the october sketchbook
- the rest of the sketches are just silly portraits I drew when I was catching up on Season 8 of Supernatural and just random ideas in general.
some Silmarillion and Hobbit sketches!
Pics 1-5: Valar
1. Yavanna and her sister Vána
2. Nessa, her husband Tulkas, Aulë (Yavanna’s husband), and Nessa’s brother Oromë (husband of Vána)
3. The Fëanturi: Mandos the elder, his brother Lórien the younger, and their sister Nienna. Also a sketch of Mandos’s wife Vairë
4. + 5. Varda sketches with some of her husband Manwë. The left sketch in the fourth picture is the closest to my final design of her but her colors will be like the one in the sketch on the right side.
These are no where near final designs for them. I still need to do some sketches of Estë amd Ulmo. I posted some sketches of Manwë and Melkor earlier this week or last week.
6. sketches of Beorn eating honey and petting his dogs
7. Thranduil and Thror in swapped outfits. It’s a sketch a did earlier this month for letsdrawthehobbits October theme. I don’t think I’ll be able to make a finished version by tomorrow :’/ but maybe I’ll do one sometime
8. The Elven chieftains Ingwë of the Vanyar, Finwë of the Noldor, and Elwë of the Teleri.